Roon Freezes Up All Too Often

I’ve been using Roon for a few months to stream Tidal and my FLAC files located on my external SSD HD from my i9 iMac (Roon Core) wired to my Lyngdorf MP60 (Roon Ready) endpoint. I am controlling Roon with my MacBook Pro. I also have a Bluesound 2i that can stream both Tidal and Amazon HD. Both platforms sound great.

The problem that I am having is that Roon freezes up all too often, sometimes during each track. Each time I have to open my MacBook and reinitiate playback. When I switch to the Bluesound, it does not drop off. This is increasingly annoying and making me consider dropping Roon in favor of the Bluesound. I really like the Roon integration with my SSP, but cannot see myself maintaining it if I can not work this out. Any suggestions or resolutions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sounds like could be a Lyngdorf issue either connection or firmware maybe?

Thank you for your post. When I was a Spotify subscriber, the Lyngdorf internal network player worked flawlessly. Also, I am operating with the current firmware.

Hi Brian,
Welcome to the Community!
If you want to get to the heart of the problem you should post under “Support”. They’ll need additional information as listed here:
Sometimes you can get quick answers posting other places, but the Support folks take a systematic approach and have other tools users like me don’t have.

Thank you for the suggestion. I will do so as I would rather get it working correctly.

Hi @Brian_Pavey,

Please do use the link Scott mentioned to provide some more information regarding your setup.

When the issue occurs, do you see any error messages? Does the track look like it’s paused mid-way or does the progress bar say that the track has completed?

If you try to start the output to your Macbooks internal speakers (the System Output zone), do you notice the same issue occurring there or is the Lyngdorf the only zone impacted?

Does the issue just happen when playing TIDAL tracks or for both external SSD and TIDAL as well?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.