AMD 5950x, 32GB RAM

Network Details

Work ethernet, not sure

Audio Devices

PC>USB>Mytek Brooklyn DAC

Library Size

3583 Albums

Description of Issue

Roon (1.8) freezes/becomes unresponsive on Windows 10 (21H1 19043.1055). It will be work for a few minutes then freeze/become unresponsive but continue to play music. I tried reinstalling, no go.

1 Like

Have you tried replacing the graphics driver with your video card manufacturer’s driver , overwrite the Windows installed one

Often helps

Hello @Breen_Lyden,

Thanks for sharing this and for your patience while we returned to work after the weekend.

I’m sorry about the trouble :sweat:. @Mike_O_Neill’s suggestion is a great first step to try:

• uninstall the graphics drivers
  • restart your Windows machine
  • download them from the manufacturer’s website
  • install them

Thanks in advance :pray:

This did not work

Thanks for letting us know, @Breen_Lyden - sorry about that. I have looped in our technical team and you will hear back from them on this thread :nerd:

Thank you! :wink:

@beka I have not heard back from anyone

Hey @Breen_Lyden,

I’m so sorry our team has missed on this thread for this long. I’ve just seen your latest reply - I’m sorry you had to.

I’ve just checked with them, and they suggested this:

• Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Restart/Reinstall the Roon App to generate a new Roon folder
  • (Optional) Restore Roon from a backup at least a week before this issue started

This did not work

How do I restore from a backup at least a week before this issue started?

Thank you

Hey @Breen_Lyden,

Thanks for keeping in touch and sorry about the trouble!

Did you go through all the step, except the restoring a backup? If you want to continue with this step, we have instructions here:

Please, let me know if you get stuck :nerd_face:

I don’t think I have a useable backup to restore, this has been happening for months. I’ve tried renaming the roon file roon_old then reinstalling 7 times now it still freezes

Hello @Breen_Lyden,

I am so sorry to hear about the backup restore not working. After having reinstalled Roon and named the database Roon_old, is Roon still freezing? Or is it only freezing when you’re attempting to restore a backup?

I don’t have a backup to restore to, so I’ve never tried that. I’ve only tried reinstalling Roon and named the database Roon_old, Roon still freezing

Hi @Breen_Lyden

Can you please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link (or any other file sharing service)? Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks!

Sorry I missed your response here, @Breen_Lyden. I looked at the logs and unfortunately, I think we need a bit more information. Can you please send us Event Viewer logs?

1. Press Win + R and type eventvwr.msc
  2. Press OK – this should open Event Viewer window
  3. From the left sidebar go to Windows Logs > Application
  4. Right click on the Application subsection and pick Filter Current Log... from the context menu
  5. On the Filter tab for the Logged section pick a parameter Last 30 days and press OK
  6. Right click on the Application subsection again and pick Save filtered log file as.. from the context menu
  7. Enter the log file name, for e.g. Roon_USERNAME , and press Save

Thank you!

1.I am trying to run Roon Core on a Dell Inspiron Win 10, 7570 i7, 24 GB RAM, 480GB SSD ( m.2 NVME).
2. I have checked GPU drivers for Intel integrated, and Nvidia 940MX
3. I have run diagnostics on all laptop components wit no isuue.
4. I have uninstalled, removed folders and re-installed the software with 64Bit and 32 Bit, but the program installs ok, and then freezes and drops out. The screen goes white and bombs out and resets, this keeps occurring without any instructions on its own. The music keeps playing for 20-30 minutes, then everything shuts down.

@dylan Any word on this?

Thank you

Hello @Breen_Lyden ,

Thank you for sending the Event Viewer Logs over and apologies for the delay in getting back to you here.

It looks like Roon is crashing due to nvoglv64.dll, which is related to your graphics card drivers. There was a similar report for another application I found, can you please check to see if these steps help resolve the issue for Roon as well?

https://confluence.qps.nl/fledermaus7/installation-setup-and-configuration/fledermaus-keeps-crashing-nvidia-error-nvoglv64-dll

Thank you!