Roon froze and how keeps freezing on startup

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

NUC8I7BEH with latest build 763

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

SOTM-SMS200

Description Of Issue

I run Roon on an iMAC with most up to date OS. I clicked on the artist name of the song playing, Roon went to go to that Artists page and Frost. I force quit, restarted everything and it still happens. Its gets stuck on the following and there is no movement from the Roon icon or anything.

Here is the log file

Thanks

Ok, I went into the library folder and found the Roon folder, then renamed it to Roon-old and then reinstalled Roon and its working now. I think I just need to redo my settings. But would like to know what happened. Not urgent at this point

Hi @AnimalOnDrums

Have things continued working for you here?

Based on the log file you shared, I’m not seeing anything that jumps out as a major issue. It’s possible that there was some bad caching occurring here, or there was a specific page with bad data that Roon was stuck trying to open to.

Hey @dylan
I hope you are doing well. In terms of crashing and freezing everything has been fine. It is the Genres and mapping of my file’s genres that continued to be a big issue. I’ll respond to you in the other thread about it. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.