Roon froze on Windows 11

Sorry to jump on this but having the exact same issue in Windows 11 with the server on a ROCK (running on Intel NUC).

Other devices are fine, problem only exists in Windows. Restarted laptop, ROCK, reinstalled application (deleting all existing files) with no difference. Haven’t renamed the database on the ROCK as not very confident doing this and it works on all other devices (including my work Windows 10 laptop)

Edit: Fixed it (or at least a workaround) - went to %localAppData%\Local\Roon\Application and disabled fullscreen optimizations on Roon.exe under Properties/Compatibility. Suggests it’s display related? Display drivers are up to date and no changes recently.

Hi @Ben_Hart ,

Can you please provide some more details as to what exactly you were experiencing? Did the issue occur on one tab in Roon in particular?

Since disabling this setting, is Roon still working as expected?

What kind of GPU are you using on the Windows 11 PC? Can you please share a screenshot of your GPU settings from System Information → Components → Display?

This has been split out from the original thread so has lost some of the context, but the Roon desktop application on my W11 laptop was stuck constantly on “Loading Artist”. I couldn’t do anything, and the application was frozen with the only option to kill the task. All other devices were fine. Restarts to my ROCK and laptop didn’t make any difference.

Disabling Fullscreen Optimizations fixed the problem for about a day, then it reoccurred. I’ve now changed Roon.exe into Windows 8 compatibility mode additionally and now seems to be working again.

I have noticed that when launching Roon now there is a Nvidia GeForce Experience pop-up which never used to happen.

These are my graphics card details as requested:

Hi @Ben_Hart ,

Can you confirm, is it always the same artist that causes this behavior, or do different artists cause this behavior?

If you try to use a fresh install of Roon, does the same issue still occur? You can reinstall Roon by using these instructions:

• Create a Backup of your current database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
  • Verify if the issue persists on a fresh database before restoring the backup

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.