Roon Frozen on Initializing After Restarting Grimm MU2 (ref#EAGYEK)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

I'm having trouble playing music

What best describes your playback issue?

Other

ten days into my free trial using a Grimm MU2, everything fine until today - Roon froze, I was unable to pause, see the queue, or select a different play list. It was still playing the current playlist, but otherwise was frozen. I restarted the Grimm MU2, and now Roon is frozen on "initializing".

Hi @Lyons,

Ben with support here, thanks for writing in!

Can you first please update to the latest version of Roon across all devices and let me know if you run into the same issue?

We’ll be on standby for your reply. :pray:

I powered down the MU2, waited a couple of hours, powered it back up. The same playlist was still playing, even while Roon said it was still trying to connect to the MU2. About 10 minutes later, it connected again, and everything is back to normal. My iPad says I have Roon version 2.0 (build 1388) production. Is this the current Roon version? My only devices are the iPad and the Grimm MU2.

Thanks!

Close, there was another update a short while ago and you iPad should autoupdate to Build 1390 soon.

You can always see the latest version and release notes here:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.