Roon gets stuck at start of a track

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Running the core on a Synology DS 1618+ with Roon build number 1.7 667

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Connected over wifi to Onkyo receiver using a Chrome Audio device.

Description Of Issue

New issue I’ve never seen before. Once and a while, every 10-15 tracks, the music will end one track but not start the next track. All I have to do is hit the play/pause button twice (once to pause it, and once to start it playing again) then the music plays again. Seems to somehow get stuck.

Hi @Steven_Hansen,

Does this issue occur if you play to a different endpoint?

I’ll check on that by tomorrow and report back. Thank you.

1 Like

Tomorrow eventually comes…

I’ve not noticed this behavior on any of my other endpoints. Just with the Onkyo receiver and the Chromecast Audio while using my iMac as the remote. It is still happening. Can’t find a reason for it. This happens regardless of the source, either TIDAL or music in my database on my hard drive. It seems kind of random. On a 1-10 scale of an annoyance factor I put it at a 5. I can live with it but hope it gets fixed at some point.

Hello @Steven_Hansen, how are the Onkyo, core, and iMac connected to the network? Also, can you elaborate on your network setup?

Connected by Wi-Fi. My network is on a Synology RT2600ac then connected through wi-fi to a Synology R2200ac extender where the Chromecast Audio device picks up the signal to feed it to the Onkyo. While you may think this is where the issue may lie, but important point is that this used to work just fine until what appeared to be the latest update to the software. That may be coincidental and not indicative of the software update.

Hello @Steven_Hansen, to rule out a possible network issue, could you please connect your core to ethernet and bypass the range extender to see if these devices communicate better? I ask this as we have seen issues with extenders and always recommend Ethernet for the core. Ruling these items out would be a great help for diagnosing the issue. Thanks! You can view our recommendations here on our networking best practices.

Connecting the core to bypass the extender is not an option unless I want to break open walls in my house and run the cable. Besides, I have had Roon for well over a year and this never used to happen. Nothing with my network has changed. What has changed? This all seemed to start happening with the last Roon update.

For more information, in my kitchen, which has a NAD C368 as the endpoint and using my iPhone as the controller, there is a spereate issue that when I initially start music or radio playing it does not start. I can stop (pause) and start the play button and the music still does not start. However, if I change the volume on the volume slider, the music starts right away. This too is a new issue that never used to happen before, and is a different issue than the one I’ve listed above.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.