Roon Goes Unresponsive upon launch

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Samsung Laptop, Win 10 64 bit, Intel Corei7, Roon 1.7 Build 528.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wifi, D-Link Dual Band AC DSL-G256DG

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Seems not relevant because music is playing but: core laptop to a M2tech Hiface2 USB to SPDIF to an old Benchmark DAC1 (non USB).

Description Of Issue

Imminently upon the launch of Roon on the Core Laptop the App becomes unresponsive and uncontrollable. But the roon remote on my iphone works and i am able to play music thorough the core laptop to a M2tech Hiface2 USB to SPDIF to an old Benchmark DAC1 (non USB).

This is a recent problem and was not an issue when first started working with roon a few months ago.

Best,

Moshe

Try the 32bit version of roon… Im guessing this a gfx Intel HD issue, but could also OpenGL V3 support or lack of too if 32bit doesn’t help

do you mean remove the current roon ver. I have and reinstall a 32bit ver.?

just install over the top or remove and install if you like…but can check your system specs for OpenGL support first maybe - as you didnt provide any info you cant expect me to guess

https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000011375

1 Like

Hi @Moshe_Serogovich,

Can you provide some information about the GPU your machine uses? Are the graphics drivers up to date?

Thank you very much Dylan!

Updated my graphics drivers from Intel’s site and Roon is now working perfectly.

All the Best, Moshe

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.