Roon hanging at launch

Same problem, just started today. No changes.

Hi @fritzg

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Please also use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link (or any other file sharing service).

These instructions are not working to get me to the Roon database folder in Windows 10.

1. Open Windows Explorer

2. Click in the address area to the right of the text, to make it active like typing in a web browser, and type `%localappdata%

3. Find and open the Roon or RoonServer folder

Problem was solved. It should be noted the ^^^^^^above instructions for finding the Roon Database on Windows are incorrect. Search using %AppData% instead.

I had the same issue out of the blue today also. Was working fine for several years, then just hanging on startup. Was able to finally get it to launch but no audio devices were present and the ability to add wasn’t there.

Restored the data base and then selected the option to relaunch, software wouldn’t open or load. Rebooted, same thing so downloaded and reinstalled (windows x64) and then roon launched finally!!! Had to login to Tidal again and now everything seems to be functioning fine.

Not sure why there are so many similar issues, too many to be a random occurence. Perhaps a windows update or roon issue?

A post was split to a new topic: Roon won’t start on macOS

Hi @fritzg

Can you clarify what you did to resolve this? Thanks!

Takes you right to appdata/local. using just appdata, you then have to click the local directory. Both work for me.

1 Like