Roon Hanging on Boot Screen (white window with Roon Logo animating)

Roon Core Machine

MasOs 10.15.7
iMac 4.2 Ghz, Quad i7
40 GB RAM

Network Details

ATT Interent router to iMac via Ethernet. iMac to BluSound Node2 via same Ethernet.

Speed test from iMac - 296Mbps Download - 359Mbps Upload. Hit test server in 8ms (Ping).

Audio Devices

iMac to BluSound Node2 via same Ethernet. BluSound latest firmware and Controller last version as well.

Library Size

Description of Issue

Hi Tried to boot Roon several times and it keeps hanging on its boot window.

Please help!

Thank you,
Stewart

Hey @Stewart_Marcano,

I’m sorry you’ve been experiencing this issue…:sweat:

Thanks for your patience while we got a chance to reply after the holiday weekend. If you have been making regular backups, could you please try to:

• Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Restart/Reinstall the Roon App to generate a new Roon folder
  • (Optional) Restore Roon from a backup at least a week before this issue started

Hey @Stewart_Marcano,

I wanted to follow up and see if the steps above have helped, or, if there’s anything else we can do? :nerd_face:

Hi Rebeka,

The procedure you sent me did allow me to re boot Roon again and I had a back up - I lost some history but nothing major.

I would like to make a suggestion - my database crashed on July 3rd right before a big holiday weekend when enjoying my music was important as you can imagine - Forth of July. You did not reply until July 7th. I totally respect that the Roon support team has time off especially on holidays. This problem that I encountered and or the solution should be easy found on your support website. The instructions you gave me are easy to do. So my suggestion is to provide recovery procedures easily on your site. Also note that relying too much on forums for support has its downside - you force users to search and read and go through lots of posts etc. and this takes a lot of time for us. It would be great if you can curate this a bit into official support help for common issues that occur. Lastly - i would also suggest you leave at least one person active on support. 7/3 - 7/7 is too long. Thank you for your help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.