Roon Hanging on Identification Step

As some have reported before, my install of Roon is hanging on the “Add Music to Library Stage.” It indicates that it has a queue of some 660 or so files to identify, but it isn’t identifying them, so the little circle just spins and spins.

This happens whether the files are added through Tidal or added locally.

Is it possible it’s hanging on a specific file? I searched for corrupt files by looking for small file sizes (no joy) and also tried to comb through the log, but I don’t think that was much help. I also tried restarting my Roon core.

Any suggestions?

Another note: The albums will identify if I go into the Edit Menu and select the Identify Album option, but they don’t work automatically.

Hi Sean,

Let’s flag @support and see if they can help out.

Cheers, Greg

Thanks, Greg!

@Sean_Higgins ---- Thank you for the feedback and my apologies for the trouble here. In order for me to adequately evaluate the issue you’re experiencing, I’d like to gather a bit of information from you on your current setup, as well as you music library. Please see below. Thanks!

1. Can you give me some more information about the gear you are working with and how everything is communicating with each other, as seen here.

2. How is your music being stored (internal drive, external drive, NAS)?

-Eric