Roon Hanging while adding files

hi support

im having Roon problems…restarted a few times, but Roon still hanging on adding files…details as follows. all advice appreciated…

Describe Your Setup

what version of Roon you are running
Roon 1.3 (Build 223) 64 bit

What operating system you are running
Mac OS 10.11.6

Basic information about the device you’re using
MacPro / 20GB

Describe where your music is stored
On a networked direct connected Drobo N5

Let us know your collection size (approximate number of tracks)
Roon says 56k

Describe The Issue
Roon appears to be hanging (or not progressing) (see attachment)

Hi @Luke_Clancy ---- Thank you for the report and sharing you feedback with us. Both are appreciated!

To help aide in my evaluation of this behavior you are experiencing, may I kindly ask you to please provide me with the following:

1. A screenshot of the “storage” tab found under “settings”. I would like to see how you are mounting the Drobo in Roon.

2. In regard to the device hosting your Roon core ("MacPro / 20GB), can you please provide me the exact specifications of this unit?

-Eric

Heres the storage tab (Mac spec to follow)

Mac Specs

Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro3,1 (Late 2008)
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
Number of Processors: 2
Total Number of Cores: 8
L2 Cache (per Processor): 12 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Bus Speed: 1.6 GHz

BTW, is there a log file where i could discover what file Roon is hanging at, and where might i find that?

Hi @Luke_Clancy ----- Thank you for the follow up and providing the requested information. Both are appreciated!

If you’d like to take a look at your logs those can be found by performing the following:

1. Open Finder and click Go in the top bar.
  2. Hold down the Alt key to unhide the Library folder
  3. Click the Library folder
  4. Find and open the Roon folder, then “logs”.

-Eric

thanks for that…so i had a look in the logs for an artist i know has been added to Roon, but most tracks by whom have not shown up. The Band. From the logs, it looks as though (if I’m reading the logs correctly):

05/02 19:13:56 Debug: [storage/directory] playlist file added check, filepath: /Users/luke/Library/RoonMounts/RoonStorage_f04d4fb102701ef525f4accebc91e6c10d4c3f92/T/The Band/The Band - Music From Big Pink - 01 - Tears of Rage.flac

has been added, as has the rest of Music From Big Pink. But none of these show up in a search of Roon…

Hi @Luke_Clancy ---- Have you given “skipped” files a look yet?

-Eric

indeed. Didnt seem to get me much further…(cant upload xls or paste contents) but the album by The Band (for example) is not in that list…

@Luke_Clancy — Can you send me the album in question via a dropbox download link in a PM and I can have a look on our end?

Many thanks!
-Eric

just to update on this, i have moved my music collection to an internal drive on my mac, cleaned off the old Roon material, resigned in, re-added tracks… and have reached a similar point again, albeit with more tracks added this time. For the last 14 hours, Roon is hanging on this:

EDIT

actually, after a restart, it hangs at pretty much the same place as the original problem…

Hi @Luke_Clancy ----- Thank you for the follow up and my apologies for the continued troubles here. May I kindly ask you to please follow the steps outlined in my PM once more and dump us another set of logs.

-Eric

do you mean clearing out the library again and putting in those files again?

Sorry for the confusion @Luke_Clancy , please allow me to clarify. No need to clear the library out again, I just want to take a look at the logs when you’re in this state with the reconfigured setup in place.

-Eric

OK, Ive PMed you the new logs…
thanks
L

Hi @Luke_Clancy ---- Thank you for your patience here! My tech teams believes that they have identified what is causing the hang up, as per their request may I kindly ask you to please remove the media from this path:

/O/One Little Plane/One Little Plane

-Eric