Roon hangs after playing music for 1-2 days on InnuOS Zen Mk3

@dylan
And again now at about 17:45 …

@dylan,
More logs https://www.dropbox.com/s/5p0zp13x3vzl8z3/roon_log-1568104105.zip?dl=0

Hi @Andreas_Lindmark,

I spoke to the team about the latest updates you’ve given us on this issue and wanted to follow up. Previously, I had asked the following:

The team isn’t currently seeing anything in the logs that are pointing us to what’s occurring here. While the Zen is a little more locked down, we have a bit more insight into what could be occurring on a Windows machine which should help us better identify the issue. Additionally, we can compare the logs and verify that this is the same exact issue occurring on both.

Please give this a try and report back if you experience this same behavior on Windows, and include timestamps for the time it occurs here if so, and we can take a closer look.

Thanks!

@dylan,
We’ve already concluded that the problem is not isolated to the InnuOS, but ok, I’ll migrate to the windows install, again.
I’ll report back when it’s done.

@dylan
Back on the windows 10 install, I’ll just stay here until this is fixed I guess.

Hi @Andreas_Lindmark,

Thanks for making the switch over. Comparing how things perform here will be helpful as we have a bit more insight into what might be occurring on a Windows platform. Once you see this behavior occur again please let us know and we’ll take a closer look!

A post was split to a new topic: Roon stops running on it’s own

Hey there @Andreas_Lindmark,

I wanted to check in and see how things are going with the Windows Core since it’s been nearly two weeks.

Outside of the one unrelated incident in the other thread — Have you experienced the issue you reported here on the Windows Core?

@dylan
Just wanted to do a quick update, and it has not hung yet on Windows.
No other issues no.

@dylan
It happened now! What should I do?
Here are the logs > https://www.dropbox.com/s/5p0zp13x3vzl8z3/roon_log-1568104105.zip?dl=0
I had to close Roon to be able to copy all the latest logs.

Hi @Andreas_Lindmark,

Thanks for sharing the logs, I’ll pass them over to the team! Do you know about what time this occurred exactly? Can you also describe how this looked on Windows? Was it any different at all from the Innuos Core?

@dylan
Sadly I do not know excactly, just that I thought it was awfully quiet upstairs.
Somewhere between maybe 8pm and 11:57pm.
I was on another floor.
It’s the same behaviour as the InnuOS, no different.

@dylan

This might be it?

09/27 22:16:26 Info: [Zen Mk3 - Mytek Liberty] [zoneplayer] Ending stream because of post-buffering queue
09/27 22:16:26 Info: [audio/env] [zoneplayer -> stream] All streams were disposed
09/27 22:16:26 Info: [audio/env] [zoneplayer] All streams were disposed
09/27 22:16:26 Info: [audio/env] [zoneplayer -> stream -> endpoint] All streams were disposed
09/27 22:16:26 Trace: [Zen Mk3 - Mytek Liberty] [zoneplayer/raat] Endpoint Liberty DAC State Changed: Playing => Prepared
09/27 22:16:26 Trace: [Liberty DAC] [raatclient] SENT [486]{“request”:“end_stream”}*

@dylan
I’m finding the same message in the InnuOS logs FYI.

This is right before it stops, in both logs

8/20 15:16:52 Debug: Lastfm ‘xb4lP8MLlqkBdWoL6oZbqT3T5WUYwY7u’ START: Tool - [silence]
08/20 15:16:52 Info: [Mytek Liberty] [zoneplayer] BufferingTrack != PlayingTrack during _Queue. Refusing to queue
08/20 15:16:52 Trace: [Mytek Liberty] [Lossless, 16/44 ALAC => 16/44] [6% buf] [PLAYING @ 0:00/0:01] [silence] - Tool

09/27 22:16:25 Debug: Lastfm ‘xb4lP8MLlqkBdWoL6oZbqT3T5WUYwY7u’ START: Tool - [silence]
09/27 22:16:25 Info: [zone Zen Mk3 - Mytek Liberty] OnPlayFeedback Playing
09/27 22:16:25 Trace: [dbperf] flush 0 bytes, 0 ops in 1 ms (cumulative 106935326 bytes, 85960 ops in 7865 ms)
09/27 22:16:25 Trace: [library] endmutation in 64ms
09/27 22:16:25 Info: [Zen Mk3 - Mytek Liberty] [zoneplayer] BufferingTrack != PlayingTrack during _Queue. Refusing to queue

Any ideas?

Hi @Andreas_Lindmark,

Thanks for the timstamps — The logs are currently with the technical team for review.

I notice that in both cases it looks like you were playing to the Mytek Liberty attached to the Zen — Does the same occur if you connect the Mytek to the Mac or use a different Zone?

@dylan
I rarely listen to music via Roon on my pc, so I can’t really say.
However, I’ve removed the 49 1s tracks. Let’s see if it happens again now!

@dylan
So far, so good.
How come that the technical team did not pick up on this?
I’ll report back in a few weeks, maybe a month or so.

Hi @Andreas_Lindmark,

Glad to hear that things are good so far. Let us know how this goes after the further testing here.

@dylan
Still running smooth here!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.