Roon hangs on startup

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 pro as core with latest build of Roon.
On startup the program becomes unresponsive.
Have tried multiple uninstalls and reinstalls including settings and cache but even after a brand new install it hangs after entering my account information.
Network connected via ethernet
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

TEXT GOES HERE

Hi @Craig_Lettington,

Welcome to the forum! I have a few questions to begin troubleshooting:

1. Can you please let me know your network setup? What is the model/manufacturer of your networking gear and how is the Core connected (is it on WiFi/Ethernet)?

2. You mentioned you performed a reinstall, but have you completely set the database aside? I’d give this a try:

• Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Restart/Reinstall the Roon App to generate a new Roon folder
  1. If the issue is the same after performing the full reinstall, can you please use these instructions to send me a copy of your Roon logs? The best way to get them over to me would be via a shared Dropbox / Google Drive link but if you don’t have either service, just let me know and I can provide alternate upload instructions.

Sorry for the late reply Noris.

I did as you said and all working now.

Thank you Craig

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.