Roon hangs up on launch on Windows10 pc

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Brand new (4 month old) nucleus

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

wifi, Verizon FIOS gigabit ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Windows10 pc (2 year old Dell gaming system (32GB RAM, i7 CPU, 3.2GHz)

Description Of Issue

I keep having a problem with the Roon software for Windows10 where I’ll double click to launch it and it will work fine for a few days, then all of a sudden a couple days later it hangs up while launching and will not run. I always force quit the program and double click to restart a few more times with no luck. My only way so far to fix this is to uninstall the Roon software and then reinstall a fresh copy and then Roon starts up… then I have to go back through and redo all my settings or reload my saved Roon settings. A BIG hassle. Anyone else having this problem with the Windows10 version of Roon software? My pc is a two year old Dell loaded out like a gaming system ( 32GB RAM, Intel i7 8700, 3.2GHz CPU). I’m also using a 4 month old (brand new) Nucleus.

1 Like

Just to double check. You are using the Nucleus as the Core. And, when installing Roon on the PC you are choosing the Nucleus as the Core, not installing it another core on the PC?

You might try, instead of reloading Roon, go to user/appdata/local find the Roon directory and rename the Cache folder and then restart. Sometimes this will work instead of reloading.

Yes, using nucleus as the core and trying to listen to music on my Roon pc program.

Finally was able to download Room for windows 64 bit, but it hangs up on launch (“Not Responding” error).

Even when I reboot my pc and don’t run any other programs, Roon still hangs up on launch with a “Not Responding” error. Task manager says Roon is using 11.6% of my CPU and 151.8 MB of memory,

Sounds like a Windows update broke the graphics driver. Uninstall the driver (usually in device manager), reboot, and then install the latest official version for your graphics card.

I’d also suggest installing Roon Bridge if you have a locally attached DAC.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll check it out.

1 Like

Hi @Mark_Wheeler,

Thanks for reaching out! Can you please confirm if the graphics card driver update yielded any results? If not, can you please use these instructions to send me a copy of your Roon logs for review?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.