ROON has lost control of your device

ROON was working fine yesterday. Today it’s “ROON has lost control of the audio device” I have rebooted every device network and audio device in the chain and it refuses to play for more than 30 seconds. This is getting old.

When you’re in settings/audio you can see the device, my DAC literally disappear from available devices. The DAC is connected to the ROON ROCK server in this chain ROCK>USB>Matrix>I2S>PSAudio DirectStreamDac. This has worked for years until today, no changes to the system. @noris

I use a Linear Power Supply with the Matrix. It’s supposed to be auto-sensing for the non USB power source. However the power may have been flakey. I’ve made some adjustments and it seems to be back to working correctly.

1 Like

I would also reconnect your cables on the devices in question too, common for connections left alone for long periods to have some oxidation and have a flakey connection, so plug out and in a few times while power is off of course. This allows the physical contacts to wipe over one another and remove any minor oxidation.

Hi @Watchdog507 ,

Thanks for letting us know that the system is working properly now, if you have further difficulties, please just let us know and we can take another look!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.