Roon has 'lost' KEF LSX II audio zone

Roon Server Machine

Roon ROCK Intel NUC NUC10I5FNHN I5 10210U 250GB 8GB Desktop

Networking Gear & Setup Details

TP-Link Deco M4/E4 wifi mesh in access point mode, behind Mikrotik hAPac2 router
No VPN.
Roon client on Windows 10 v22H2 build 19045.3803

Connected Audio Devices

KEF LSX II via WiFi on KEF Connect app v1.19.3 (1086).
Linn Intek amp/speaker system through Sonos Connect, and Sonos Play:3

Number of Tracks in Library

6800 tracks

Description of Issue

I having been using Roon for about a year, since acquiring a KEF LSX II desktop system, with Core installed on ROCK Intel NUC about last 4 months now. No issues, and definitely not with KEF LSX II audio zones.

But since yesterday, 5 Dec, Roon has ‘lost’ my KEF LSX II audio zone, and is not there for selection.
However, my Sonos Connect and Sonos Play:3 (and two Google TVs) remain though, as set up in Google Home.
The KEF LSX II is also set up in Google Home and shows as connected in the TP-Link Deco app, my Glasswire network program on Windows as IP 192.168.101.111.
I am still able to play via Roon to those Sonos audio zones, but without the connection to the KEF LSX II audio zone on my desktop, my justification for using Roon is mostly gone!
I am now only able to play Tidal directly to the KEF LSX II via the KEF Connect app.

Reading through some previous posts, I have tried:
Restarting the network, both router, and mesh wifi network (in access point mode).
Rebooting the Core Intel NUC.
Restarting the server software.
Restarting clients (two Windows laptops, Roon app v2.0 build 1357 on android 14).
Resetting KEF LSX II and re-adding device to Google Home.
Unplugging KEF LSX II.
Renaming RAATServer to RAATServer_old, rebooting/restarting.
Would the RAATServer logs show anythig?

Not necessarily in this sequence, and on one or two occasions I did see the KEF LSX II audio zone, but no sound through the speakers after selecting …

Has there been a server update that could have caused this? Is there anything else I can try?

I am so dumb … I have fixed my problem by enabling Roon Ready device KEF LSX II under Settings>Audio.

Don’t know how it got disabled in the first place though!

Always simple when you find the answer.

Back to Roon Mastery Series tips … :wink:

1 Like

Don’t fret… We’ve all been there. :wink:

Marked as solved!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.