Roon quits after playing one track

My Roon is totally broken - unusable. Plays one track and then quits.

Hi Ken,

Support prefers to work with each person individually, so I moved your post to it’s own support thread.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

1 Like

Hi Kenneth,

Curious if your issue is similar to mine here?

Hey @Kenneth_Tollstam,

I wanted to take a moment and see if you’d like to share an update on how things stand with Roon on your end. Can we help with anything at all? :nerd_face:

rebeka - thanks for reaching out. I have indeed struggled with Roon, and had given up on it. My setup is a 2019 MacBook Pro with 1T SSH and 16GB RAM. I am (now) driving an AQ Dragonfly Black connected to a vintage Pioneer SA-9500II integrated amp. I have both Tidal and Qobuz. I could not get Roon to run smoothly. I went to Audirvana for a while. While okay, Audirvana is nothing like Roon. I came back to Roon a few days ago (I had purchased a one year license). There was a software update waiting for me, and I reestablished my connections. Right now, everything is working as expected. I will admit to probably not having things setup correctly. Roon is a complex piece of software and there is definitely a learning curve associated with it. As a sidebar, at one point earlier I had tried using my THX Onyx DAC but could never get that to work. The Onyx has what seems to be an internal initialization routine that did not play well with Roon (or perhaps the MacBook Pro). In any case, my Roon setup is now working perfectly with the AQ Dragonfly (and AirPlay and Sonos). I can’t say specifically what I did to “fix it,” I suspect that stating over, and learning more about the interface put things right. I have reinstated my “auto purchase renewal” of the Roon license.

3 Likes