Roon has split album incorrectly

Roon Core Machine

Synolgoy NAS, RoonServer 2.0 (build 1154)

Description of Issue

Hi,
I have the problem that Roon did not analyze an album correctly during import. The album has 9 tracks, Roon creates from it an album with 8 tracks and another one with 1 track.
The folder structure looks like this: Folder with name of artist, in it a folder with name of album, in it all music tracks – this should actually help Roon to assign everything to an album. To be fair, I have to say that with my approx. 8000 albums everything was analyzed correctly – just not with this one album.

How can I do it to unite these two albums into one? I tried outside of Roon to use MusicBrainz Picard to tag the album correctly and re-import it into Roon (overwriting the old files and forcing a rescan). I told Roon to take the info from the tags of the files – still it remains with this incorrect splitting of the album.

What else could I try? I’ve searched the forum for this issue, but all I can find are old posts about mulit-CD boxes being linked with the merge command.

In the Album view, select the two albums (control-click) then click “…” on the top bar, then “Edit…” and finally “Merge Albums”.

1 Like

Cool, it works, thanks a lot! :slightly_smiling_face:

Which part of the manual did I miss? I found nothing in the “How To”, the faq or the forum itself…

Thanks for the links.
I had searched the forum in advance and found these outdated articles in the knowledge base:

The answers I got was “404” but I always thought the answers to everything was 42… :slightly_smiling_face:
But seriously, maybe someone should create a redirect from the old to the new pages.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.