ROCK OS
*Transcend TS256GMTE110S 256GB M.2 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe Internal Solid State Drive
*Crucial 8GB Single DDR4 2400 MT/S (PC4-19200) SR x8 SODIMM 260-Pin Memory

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Verizon FIOS Gigabit Internet
Verizon FIOS Router
TRENDnet Gigabit Switches: TEG-S50g
Linksys Velop Router/Wireless Mesh System
Apart from iPad/iPhone, nearly every component in the network is connected via Ethernet (that includes the Linksys Wireless Routers)
Occasionally I use a VPN, but not usually.

Connected Audio Devices

OPPO 105 (connected via Ethernet)
BluSound Node (connected via Ethernet)
Sonos Connect (connected wirelessly)
Naim MUSO 2 (connected wirelessly)
Mac Mini (connected via ethernet)
Macbook Pro (connected wirelessly)
IPad Pro (connected wirelessly)
iPhone Pro (connected wirelessly)

Number of Tracks in Library

110383 tracks

Description of Issue

When I launch the Roon app on the iPhone, iPad, or Computer, it is hit or miss whether the app will connect to the Roon server.

If it does connect, often the connection is not stable. The playback stutters and/or just shuts down.

I think it advisable to read through…

… and complete the template as suggested.

Support is Mon-Fri and since this is a holiday weekend, I’d suspect that support will be back on Tuesday.

I understand lacking Roon can be a frustrating experience, especially during a Holiday weekend. I would suggest that until support engages, you might try setting up your Mac Mini as a RoonServer using just streaming services. That way you can at least listen to some music

You might also try

• Try Restarting the Router and the RoonServer and the endpoints. ISP supplied routers may be updated without your knowledge.

Some additional information would be helpful for when support engages. For example,

• You list a NUC as the Server, but, not the OS. Is it running Windows, Linux, or using ROCK? How much RAM does the NUC have?
  • Does the issue happen with local music or streaming sources or both?
  • Are you doing any DSP? If so, does the issue go away if you turn DSP off.
  • There are a number of endpoints listed, does this occur on all of them?
  • Are any of these endpoints grouped? If so, if you break the group and just play to one endpoint alone does it have issues.
  • Buffering can also be symptoms of DNS issues, have you tried setting the router DNS to 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8?
  • You are using an older NUC, which I assume you setup a long time ago. I have an 8th Gen ROCK NUC, which I setup in 2017. If so, computers age and you might be encountering a hardware issue.
1 Like

I’ve added more details to my system/network. The Intel NUC is running ROCK.

Hi @James_Bailey,

Thanks for writing in! Could you please reproduce the issue and share the specific date, time and name of the track playing when the issue occurs?

Once you let me know this info, I’ll go ahead and enable diagnostics for your account so I can review the logging for clues.

If you’d rather do it yourself manually, please use the directions found here and send over a set of logs to our File Uploader.

Thanks!