Roon has stopped working on all devices

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 Pro v 20H2 build 19042.928 experience pack 120.2212.551.0
Intel Atom 1.44GHz / 4.0GB RAM
running only Roon Server v1.8 (build 790)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

CAT6 / 1Gbe - Araknis and Netgear equipment

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Naim, McIntosh

Description Of Issue

I recently switched from running the full Roon to just Roon Server on my dedicated music server PC. After the initial setup and migrating my database, all was working fine.

As of the last couple weeks, it stopped working. Reliably and repeatably, across every Roon remote I have tried:

1. Roon app starts up - black screen with “roon” - fine
  2. Roon app shows the “Choose your Roon Core” page, with the correct IP address and version, a green “Ready” indicator, and a purple “Connect” button
  3. Clicking Connect opens a full-page white screen showing the animated Roon logo, which … sits there forever … never does anything further.

I am seeing the same behavior on three different Roon front-ends:

1. Macbook Pro 16 / MacOS
  2. iOS (iPhone 12 Pro Max)
  3. Windows 10 - running Roon front-end on same machine as the Roon Core

Roon server logs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w0bQtn32r8tVqA3WyFQY9rp5j0yz-BJH/view?usp=sharing

Roon remote logs (from same machine): https://drive.google.com/file/d/13ptnUnz_Hlt3v--LuojEA3IHY6nhopZ7/view?usp=sharing

Try to switch off Windows firewall on the Roon core. And as a general rule, power cycle every network component (internet router, switches, access points)

I read that there are possible problems with some of the latest windows updates.

Any help from #support ? My firewall is off and I checked and installed all available updates.

The Roon app can detect the core running on local host 127.0.0.1 but it cannot start up Roon from there…

That would be @support then :wink:

Does roon have @support? I am not seeing any evidence of that. I reported that Roon is failing to load on every one of my front-end devices after they report that they see the server successfully. I’ve captured and sent all the relevant server logs…

helloooooooooo? Anyone home @roon?

Hello @Monty_Kosma ,

Apologies for the delay! Our team’s queue is longer than typical at the moment, but we’re working to get back to everyone as quickly as we can.

Thank you for your detailed report and including the logs here, it looks like you are running into an issue with your TIDAL cache that we have an ongoing investigation regarding, I have just sent you steps via private message that should help.

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 19 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.