Roon has stopped working on my Windows 10 PC

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Windows10/Intel core i7-4510/Roon 1.7 build 511

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Netgear PROSAFE GS116E

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Project RS USB

Description Of Issue

Since today when ROON starts it works for 10 second then it stop. It has never happened before. The PC Setup has not changed.
I disinstalled the application and I tried a new installation but nothing has changed.

1 Like

Hi @fabio_cartelli,

Were there any changes to your setup before this started occurring? Any updates or anytihng?

Have you tried giving the Core machine a reboot? Is there any change at all after doing so?

Hello Dylan,
as I know any update (I believe only Win Update)
In which way can I reboot Roon core?
thanks
fabio

Hi @fabio_cartelli,

Can you try rebooting the machine that runs Roon and let us know if doing so helps?

I tried but nothing changed
I also installed Roon on another PC (Win 10) but also on this PC, Roon works for about 30" and then it stop running
I have a WD NAS…I also tried to instal Roon without loading music…but the error still remain

Hello Dylan,
any news? Roon doesn’t write a log to understand what is happened
thank
fabio

Hi @fabio_cartelli,

Would you kindly use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link or a link from any other file sharing service?

Thanks!

There were several windows updates I think 3 in a Couple of days

Have you checked your firewall settings , I know my JRiver install blipped a bit around that time , could be some new security setting

That said my Win 10 PC sailed through with Roon working

I sent a log file using Dropbox
hope this help

Hi @fabio_cartelli,

Can you share a link here to the logs?

Hi Dylan, https://www.dropbox.com/s/3s8kvdejnrc0x8b/%40fabio_cartelli%20Logs.zip?dl=0
thank
fabio

Hi @fabio_cartelli,

Do you have backups of Roon from before this issue started occurring? The team would like to try with a fresh database and see if the same behavior occurs in that setup.

Hello Dylan,
I have backups.
If this matter I tried removing Roon from my PC, reinstalled (as news DB).
THe ROON Machine stop working in all of these situations:
-withuout a zone
-without music loaded on the DB
-with music loaded (and while it’s loading music)
-…
This PC serves only as a ROON Machine (sometimes browsing Internet)
regards
fabio

Thanks for confirming that you’ve tried this, @fabio_cartelli!

Since this is not database related, it appears that this is something system related. The next time this happens, can you send over Event Viewer logs? Please see the following steps to do so:

1. Press Win + R and type eventvwr.msc
  2. Press OK – this should open Event Viewer window
  3. From the left sidebar go to Windows Logs > Application
  4. Right click on the Application subsection and pick Filter Current Log... from the context menu
  5. On the Filter tab for the Logged section pick a parameter Last 30 days and press OK
  6. Right click on the Application subsection again and pick Save filtered log file as.. from the context menu
  7. Enter the log file name, for e.g. Roon_USERNAME , and press Save
  8. Send the logs via a shared Dropbox link

Hello Dylan,
hope this work (I’m not so expert)

thanks

Thanks, @fabio_cartelli. I’ll get these over to the team for analysis and I’ll be sure to follow up with you as soon as I’ve received their feedback.

Hi @fabio_cartelli,

We reviewed the event viewer logs and I think we see what might be happening here. There are errors that appear to be related to the Realtek Audio drivers on your machine. Can you try uninstalling them and then reinstalling them and let us know if that helps?

sorry to not reply till now
I tried but error still remain

Hi @fabio_cartelli,

Has the latest version of Roon been installed on this machine? We recently released an update so it would be good to know if there is any change after that update.

Same here. Super frustrating.