Roon+HQPlayer on problem

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Core iMac 2019 i9 40GB
Bridge and HQPlayer Mac mini i7 16GB

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

NAS-RT-iMac-Mac mini-I/F

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Prismsound Orpheus Firewire

Description Of Issue

nice to meet you.
I run Roon’s core on an iMac, and used Bridge in a Mac mini.

This time, putting HQPlayer into Mac mini had a very good effect.

But there is a problem.

It takes a little time to play.
But that’s all you have to wait for.

The problem is that the end of the song is interrupted by the time it takes to start playing.

Are there any measures?

Best

It mainly (but not exclusively) depends on the chosen configuration (filter, upsampling, …) configured in HQPlayer.

Thank you for your reply.
I understand that.
However, it seems that playing to the end can be done, for example, by controlling the buffer.

Hi @Tomonori_Katou,

Which version of HQ Player are you using, HQ Player 4? How is the Core and Bridge connected to the network, are you using WiFi or Ethernet? Is there any change on Ethernet if you are using WiFi?

Good morning.

HQ Player4 version Is Desktop.

The core is connected to the iMac2019 (i9 40GB) via a switch via Category 7 wired.

Best.

Hi @Tomonori_Katou,

I have hidden your email address, it is not a good idea to post the email address here because sometimes there are spammers who monitor this public forum and you might end up getting many junk emails.

I have two questions:

1. If you install HQPlayer on the Core instead of the bridge, do you still experience this delay? This would be a test to eliminate some possibilities, not necessarily the end configuration.

2. If you don’t use HQPlayer and instead stream to the Prismsound using the native driver, do you experience any delay?

Hi noris.

Thank you for my email address.

There is no sound when installed on the core.
It seems that the playback process is performed on Roon side when set with localhost, but the character of Roon does not appear in HQPlayer.

Is the native driver RoonBridge?
In that case there is no problem at all.
However, HQPlayer does not allow for multi-channel playback.

HQ Player needs a program to receive a network connection, in much the same way as Roon to Roon Bridge. This program is called an NAA (Network Audio Adapter) and is available to download for free on the Signalyst site.

Hi @Tomonori_Katou,

Can you please check to make sure you followed the HQPlayer setup instructions for the Core?
https://kb.roonlabs.com/HQPlayer_Setup

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.