Roon identification process hanging

After upgrade of my streamer, I have restored my Roon database.
At first sight, all information has been restored correctly.

However, I have a warning saying
Adding music to library : of 27 tracks, 27 added , o identified.

Is there a way to stop this identification search? And how to find out what tracks this is all about?

Dirk

Hey @anon90297517,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Since this behavior started have you tried rebooting your Core machine?

Thanks!

Hi Dylan

In the meantime I have found that this is (partially) due to the realtime watching for new files. If I disable my storage the message goes away. Unfortunately, I cannot see any albums (and other info anymore).

This leads me to the following questions:

1. Is it not possible to stop realtime scanning without loosing access/visibility to the albums/tracks/…
    I know when I upload new albums, so I would be perfectly happy to enable scanning only when I do so.

2. Probably not so exiting, but still do not understand the message for which I opened this request. I.e. why 27 tracks are added, 0 identified.
    If I focus in my total library on non-identified tracks, none are found.

Thanks for your support

Dirk

Hey @anon90297517,

The watched folders in Settings > Storage are always watched in real time. If you add files to these folders it will automatically be picked up by Roon and added to your collection. Disabling them doesn’t disable the realtime watching, but instead disables Roon’s access to that folder, which is why you see your collection disappear.

For some reason Roon is stuck on the identification process for some something in your library. Often times this can be resolved with a simple reboot of the Core machine. If you haven’t already I would definitely recommend giving that a try and letting me know if you see a change after doing so.

Thanks!

Hi Dylan

I have already rebooted the Roon Core machine +5 times. Makes no difference, message keeps coming back

Dirk

Thanks for confirming, @anon90297517!

I have enabled diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

Thanks!

Hi Dylan

The problem is solved. In fact, my roon server had been upgraded, and one had forgotten to enable the server for outside communication (DHCP server). In the local lan the server worked, but it could not communicate to the internet.

Configuration has been corrected, and everything is fine now.

This case can now been closed.

Thanks for your great support.

Dirk

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Roon identification not completing

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.