Roon ignoring files

I’m experiencing weird behavior from roon where it simply ignores a file inside a folder (when importing music).

Examples:

I have a folder with three WAV files. 2 out of the 3 show up.

I have a folder of classical music where the first movement is ignored.

These files are NOT in the ‘skipped files’ section and are not corrupt. Nor are they named in a way that should confuse Roon.

Any ideas?

Hey @madfloyd,

First, I’d like to point out some documentation we have that may be helpful here. In our KB we have an article about why some files might be missing from Roon.

If they’re not showing as skipped and it looks like they should be importing based on the article above, let me know! Screenshots of an example of these files in their storage location would be helpful for discovering what may be happening.

Additionally, can you share a screenshot of the 2 that you do see in Roon?

Thanks,
Dylan

1 Like

Thanks, Dylan.

I tried renaming the two files and now Roon has found them. For one file, I removed a ‘-’ character and in the other, I removed underscores (’_’ ) and that seemed to do it. Not sure why as lots of other files contain these characters, but my issue is now solved at least!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.