Roon imports or declines - no apparent reason

Core Machine
OS-X 10.14.5 / Mac Mini running Roon via Ethernet to Oppo UDP-205 / Roon version 1.6 (build 416) stable (64-bit)

Description Of Issue
I’ve ripped music for some time now in JRiver. The files are stored directly on my external HDD named “Media.” Once I rip in JRiver, I shut it down and start Roon. In a few seconds, Roon identifies the new files and automatically imports them into the Roon library.

But I finally got fed up with JRiver’s quirks today and switched to DB-Poweramp CD-ripper for Mac. I told DB to store files on the media drive, and ripped a half dozen discs. The files ARE on the Media drive - I can see them in Finder. But for some reason, Roon won’t recognize or import them.

Why not?

THANKS - Boomzilla

This might help.

Are they showing up in the Skipped Files folder?
Settings>Library>Skipped Files

Hi @Glenn_Young,

First, I’d like to point out some documentation we have that may be helpful here. In our KB we have an article about Skipped Files and an article about why some files might be missing from Roon .

If you go to Settings > Library > Skipped Files do you see any of your missing files there?

I’d like to recommend looking at a couple of specific examples of tracks that did not get imported into Roon. Are they supported files? Are they showing up in Skipped Files? If it looks like they should be importing, let me know! Screenshots of these files in their storage location would be helpful for discovering what may be happening.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.