Roon insta-crashes upon opening after crash following song link

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 PC running latest build

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet into Router

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Schiit Bifrost 2 via usb

Description Of Issue

I clicked on a link in roon while listening to an album that I think represented the fact that the song was other other albums and roon instantly became unresponsive. After closing and reopening, it just went back to the same screen and continues to be unresponsive. Went into task manager and made sure I killed every task and tried again. Same thing. This is very frustrating and I can’t listen to anything now because the program won’t open correctly.

Tried leaving it open for 15 minutes and it won’t fix itself.

edit: I just tried restarting my PC and it did the same thing!

I would just like to add/emphasize that I literally can’t use the program at all on my computer right now as it crashes immediately on opening. I can’t click anything in the program before this happens so it is completely unusable.

Is there a way to have Roon open and not try to do the last thing you did when you had it open before. This seems like a terrible behavior for a program and has resulted in me not being able to use the software at all for 2 days now.

Hi @Joe_Spagnola

Can you try removing the GMS files from the Windows device and let us know if that helps? Instructions below:

GMS Instructions

1. Locate your Roon database folder. Instructions for Windows can be found here
  2. Inside this folder navigate to Registry → Client
  3. Remove and files that start with GMS
  4. Try to launch Roon once again
1 Like

It worked!!!

Thank you so much!!!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.