Roon Intel HD Graphics - High GPU Load

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

laptop (asus vivobook 15 )/ windows 10 pro (64 bit)/ Intel® Pentium® CPU 4405U , NVIDIA GeForce MX110 roon 1.6 (64bit)/

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Centrance DACport HD /USB

Description Of Issue

High GPU load 30/40% when Roon is playing, and if artist’s album is opened were 3 little blue blocks are moving , browsing somewhere else where the 3 little blue blocks does not appear GPU settles to 2/3% if Roon is not playing anything GPU load goes back to 0% ,if Roon is playing minimized GPU load goes back to 0% ,

It’s not clear what GPU you refer to, your Intel® HD Graphics 510 from the thread title or the NVIDIA GeForce MX110, but there are (were?) problems with certain intel GPU drivers. You can try and use the 32-bit version of Roon instead of the 64-bit one, that should resolve the problems with the intel GPU.

Hi @mihai_rotaru,

What exactly do you mean by this, can you clarify further? I tried on my end and my GPU usage is pretty normal even when Roon is playing.

– Noris

I was referring to Intel® HD Graphics 510 I have installed the 32bit version as you mentioned now the GPU usage is at 19/20 % also browsing Roon GPU spikes up to 50 /60 for 2seconds is that normal?

in different Roon tabs GPU load is different
In Screenshot 1 music paused GPU load is 0%

In Screenshot 2 music playing and the blue little spectrum that is playing next to the track is putting a heavy load on the GPU 21%

Screenshot 3 music playing but I switched the tab to another location so that
the blue little spectrum that is playing next to the track will not show and now the GPU load is 2%

Also browsing through Roon tabs spikes the GPU to 50/60 % as long as you keep scrolling up and down an artist page , or back and forth the albums tab

Hi @mihai_rotaru,

Thanks for sharing those screenshots.

Roon is based on OpenGL (similar to how many video games operate) so seeing some GPU activity happening in the background when you are going through different pages or objects are moving would not be too worrying in my opinion.

If the GPU usage is not causing any issues on your system I would consider this normal behavior and it is to be expected.

– Noris

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.