Roon interface with Tidal

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
2019 8 core i9 MacBook Pro.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
NAD Master Series M32 digital amplifier with BluOS module.

Description Of Issue
I have Playlists dating from the 60s to the modern day especially late 60s and early 70s. My playlists contain songs of my own (ripped 1000 CDs years ago in .wav format) and Tidal.

My problem is that Tidal songs on my playlists often give an error that the song is “not available on Tidal”. When I go into Tidal (from Roon) the album and the song are both still there and I have to add the song to the playlist again. This happens frequently.

Any idea what is causing this? Is this a Roon or a Tidal problem?

Hello @anon8060941,

Can you please provide some examples of tracks displaying this issue? If you navigate to the playlist via the TIDAL app or TIDAL web browser (listen.tidal.com), are you able to play the previously added tracks that are also unplayable in Roon (not the ones you have added as new)?

A few tracks are 3 or 4 songs from Simon & Garfunkel from album Greatest Hits, Without you by Harry Nilsson off Essential Nilsson. There were numerous others so can go back through my playlists and provide more if required. As the playlists were set up in Roon including a number of my own library I didn’t go into Tidal as it doesn’t have these playlists - I didn’t realize you could access your Roon playlists through Tidal?

Hello @anon8060941,

You can’t. I was suggesting that if you had a previous playlist still on TIDAL that contains these tracks to verify if they are playable. Let’s try something else here.

If you navigate to your playlist to a few of these tracks that are still not playable, can you right-click them, press the 3-dot drop-down menu at the top, go to View File Info…, File Tags, and share a screenshot of this page? You can upload screenshots by using these instructions and it would look something like this:

Ok thanks for that. Unfortunately I have re-added all the affected songs to my playlists and removed the ones that were no longer playing. So I don’t have any left currently to get the required info. I’m sure it. happen again so let’s leave this for now and next time it happens I’ll get the file info as requested and upload some screenshots. Thanks for your help thus far. Appreciated

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.