Model Identifier: Macmini8,1
Processor Name: 6-Core Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 3 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 6
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 9 MB
Memory: 8 GB
System Firmware Version: 1715.40.15.0.0 (iBridge: 19.16.10548.0.0,0)
OS Loader Version: 540.40.4~45
Serial Number (system): C07XXC1KJYVX
Hardware UUID: 19D80804-D7B9-5CC9-A91C-829E1403D4D8
Provisioning UDID: 19D80804-D7B9-5CC9-A91C-829E1403D4D8
Activation Lock Status: Enabled

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Frontier modem500/500 fios to Trendnet 8 port poe switch hardwired

Connected Audio Devices

i have my dragonfly on my mac mini and Meridian 218. both just lose connectivity and then just come back…sometimes multiple times in an hour or sometimes this will play for a few hours and then start failing.

Number of Tracks in Library

I have 15177 Albums and 178382 tracks

Description of Issue

i have my dragonfly on my mac mini and Meridian 218. both just lose connectivity and then just come back…sometimes multiple times in an hour or sometimes this will play for a few hours and then start failing.

I was able to correct a similar problem utilizing this solution: 3 simple WiFi tips you can do right now to fix your Internet speed! - YouTube

I am hardwired…wifi is not my issue…my core keeps dropping endpoint…one wired to the main system but also the dragonfly usb connected directly to mac mini

Hey @steven_spry,

We’re so sorry to hear this late about the connectivity issues you’ve been facing. We’d love to help out.

I was wondering, as an initial troubleshooting step, if you could (as a test) play music to System Output. Are there any drop outs?

Beka…the Dragonfly which is on the Mac mini drops as well as the Meridian on the network…this program just drops every 3rd or so song…right now multiple times a song. I know I should have answered back sooner…but…I just get frustrated with this…why does this program dump my output device? cannot be this hard.

also…I add an album and a couple of moments later the program deletes it from the library.

Three songs before it dumped my Dragonfly off…lost all connected output devices…Gone

Hey @steven_spry,

I am so sorry to hear things have worsened. Thank you for sharing that, as it truly helps towards a resolution.

In order to narrow down the issue, could you please stream music to the Mac’s speakers (instead of your Dragonfly or Meridian)? To do so, please:

• navigate to Settings → Audio and enable System Output
  • select a track to play and stream it to System Output by selecting it as a zone in the bottom banner

Does music play without dropouts?

It seems you have quite an extensive library. What is its source?

My music stops… loses endpoint and cycles back a few seconds later and then I have to hit play again.
this happens multiple times at a time…yet some days it works for 2-3 hours without a problem.

I am both tidal and qobuz

I am testing with internal speakers - it dumped that also

1 Like

now it won’t load a song…just skipping to next song…not playing

it is showing that it is playing in track with eq bounce…but no sound…the Beat does not go on…

Thanks a lot for sharing every symptom :pray: . It does help to know.

We believe this might help. Could you please:

• Create a Backup of your current Roon database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon” and “RAATServer”
  • Rename “Roon” to “Roon_old” and “RAATServer” to “RAATServer_old”
  • Reinstall Roon from our Downloads Page

Many thanks :pray:

the backup does not show: * Find the folder that says “Roon” and “RAATServer”

but does show roon_backup_root

Are you looking in the backup ir the roon server location.

I am looking at RoonBackups - is this the wrong place

Yes.
Take tge backup is step one.
The rest is done via a file browser to the server disk.
Click the hyperlinks for instructions to find tge location

1 Like

so I backup my files…changed them accordingly…now I have 17 albums after I restored them…trying again.

I now am playing again…lost 1/2 of my albums…

but it played for an hour…and just dumped the dragonfly…and again and again…Please help