Roon intermintantly drops out and then plays again

now it dumped me and lost the dragonfly altogether…this is so frustrating!

What am I doing wrong and how may I get this fixed?

now the DragonFly is “Enabling” and locked up the Roon…

Now roon is just showing your version of the spinning wheel at startup…

Do this…

bekaRoon Labs Staff

2d

Thanks a lot for sharing every symptom :pray: . It does help to know.

We believe this might help. Could you please:

• Create a Backup of your current Roon database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon” and “RAATServer”
  • Rename “Roon” to “Roon_old” and “RAATServer” to “RAATServer_old”
  • Reinstall Roon from our Downloads Page

Many thanks :pray:

8 minutes later…yes I timed it.

now the time bar is just flashing back and forth…

now playing after 83 seconds later…almost through a song…holding my breath.

still playing…

I already did this once…you want me to do it again?

now it has been playing for a few hours! but when I add an album it adds then says “this album has been deleted.” …

I started playing from 4/10/2022 - 1:58 pm, I want to see how long it plays.at 2:28 the roon spinning logo has just gotten stuck with the mac spinning wheel when I mouse over…yet the music is still playing.

so I will restart yet again…hoping for this to work!

now i have the Roon logo searching…going on 2 min. the wrong artist just showed up yet the correct music is now playing. 2:36pm

This is a pretty large library for a Mac mini with 8GB RAM. What does Activity Monitor indicate wrt memory pressure and usage when you start losing endpoints?

I am now at 9706 albums

Still fairly large.

Memory may well have nothing to do with the problem, but I’ve experienced all sorts of flakey behaviour on my M1 Mac mini when memory is stressed, and I have 16GB of RAM. As I said, it may be irrelevant, but I think it’s worth checking out, particularly if you’re running other applications alongside Roon.

I had nothing on this computer running - but chrome - since I made my library smaller…I have had much better stability…yet when I run my meridian…it falls off yet the dragonfly keeps playing.

Which may well be related to memory usage. Let us know if you check it.

the system is at > 14%

seems to be hovering at 6.2 -7.8 cpu load

That’s CPU utilisation, which seems normal, but take a look at the Memory tab:

Currently not an issue then, but check it again next time you run into a problem.

thank you all for your suggestions and patience! As of now the system is running well. some of the background applications seem to have caused some havoc. thank you again

1 Like