Roon Internet Connectivity lost

Submitted to @support

My system:
Roon version 1.4 (build 300) stable (64 bit)
Core is on Intel NUC7i ROCK
6 Ropieee Roon Bridge endpoints - Errors checking for an update on all (Roon Settings / About)
2 Windows machines (64 bit) - both shoiw latest version installed (Roon Settings / About)

Music plays fine - no problems.

Screen on the only Ripieee device with a screen shows that it stalls before finishing bootup. No clock on display / no album art, etc.

The Ropieee remote control extension has vanished from Roon - last seen 2/8/2018.

Tidal will not logon from Roon. No problem logging in to Tidal from a computer browser.

Cannot access Roon Account from Roon’s Settings.

Seems to have happened after latest Roon updates.

NOTE: I now also notice that Roon is constantly trying to identify new music, but not finding anything…

@Ronald_Lyster,

Can you provide feedback? Go to the ‘advanced’ tab on RoPieee’s web page and click the ‘feedback’ button.

Thanks!

Not sure where to find that “advanced” tab ???

Ah, yes. Not your web page - mine. This is the identifier: c0a4ee978b7fb20c

Hi @Ronald_Lyster ----- Thank you for the PM and reports. I have moved “this” thread into the support section of the community site so we can address these observations with you directly :+1:

Let’s break your issue(s) down one at a time…

TIDAL Login troubles:

1. Try power cycling the device hosting your Roon core

2. Try deleting your TIDAL cache.

If either of those tips do not yield a positive result:

1. With the application not running … would you mind going into the database on your Core and deleting this file:

Database/Registry/Core/tidal_account

If you are unable to locate the ‘tidal_account’ file:

1. Confirm that your TIDAL account is still active, as suggested here.

6 x Ropieee (RoonBridge) endpoints:

1. Try power cycling not only the endpoints but any relevant networking hardware as well. Your router, switches, powerline adaptors etc…

2. Have you tried manually reinstalling RoonBridge on any of the the mentioned Ropieee endpoints since noticing this behavior?

-Eric

I have done these things (other than deleting Database/Registry/Core/tidal_account) previously, but can do it all over again if necessary. I hesitate in doing this because the problem appears to affect more than just Ropieee and Tidal. Here’s what has been happening with Roon trying to identify new tracks (added since 2/8/2018):

Also this inability to reach my Roon account from the Roon software:

It’s back! What happened? All’s working - fixed - I did nothing here.

This may have been a server blip on our end, but let us know if you see it again @Ronald_Lyster.

Thanks!