Roon interrupts playback on Primare NP5mk2 after the latest update

Roon Core Machine

Roon Core running on intel Mac Mini/OS 10.15.7, i5@2.6GHz, 8gb RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Core connected via giga ethernet to TPLink AX50;

Connected Audio Devices

Primare Prisma NP5mk2 connected via WiFi; Primare connected to Rega Saturn-R DAC via digital out (copper, not optical).

Number of Tracks in Library

Library around 15k tracks, stored on local drive

Description of Issue

I choose a playlist or populate a queue, select Prisma as play device and it starts playing. After a few minutes it stops in the middle of the song. I check roon remote and see that the Prisma is not on the list of available devices. Then it shows up again after a few seconds and I can continue playback. And then after a few minutes the same thing happens again.
Everything was working OK before the last update (to version 2.0 build 1211). Tried also restarting both roon core and Prisma several times, didn’t help.

I collected the logs but I don’t see where to upload them for you to see…

Power cycle everything first (network included). Then start digging deeper :wink:

If Bernd_Kurte 's advice doesn’t help, can you see the NP5 with IP address in the Prisma app?
Just like my own:

Hey @Strahinja_Glisic,

I wanted to check in on this thread to see if you were still running into issues? Both @Bernd_Kurte and @Axel_Lesch have provided great next steps.

I’ll be on the lookout for your reply. :pray:

Thanks for checking and reminding me on this topic - after a few days I figured out the issue was caused by one of the remotes running on iPhone. Only when this iphone was in our home (with remote app running) the issues were present. When I killed the app, it stopped.

Is there a limit/max number of remotes that can be in the network at the same time?

Unfortunately I now have another, much more serious issue with Roon Server but will open a separated thread. This one can be closed.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.