Roon iOS app response time?

Simon I had never noticed this on my iPad Pro (Android phone user mainly and have 0 issue as all battery management turned off for Roon) but while setting up and changing DSP settings on to HifiBerry Pi streamers I noticed that it kept shutting down and reopening almost constantly.
It was driving me crazy by the end of the setup. I guess I don’t normally notice it on the iPad as I normally use it for focus based searching and then put it back down.

Is this the expected behavior? It’s a bit like I used to get from my Android phones circa 2019.

Maybe my usage during setup just kept going over the time where it was getting shut down.

Mike

Does it on my Pixel 4 all the time if it’s left for a while in background. It’s very annoying. I have all battery management off to makes no difference.

Ok thanks for clarifying. I don’t see it at all on my OnePlus 8, so I suppose I should be thankful.

I was surprised at the iPad experience when left for 2 minutes or so.

Mike

It was the same on my OnePlus 5 as well which I had before the Pixel. Its very fast to connect when up, but it essentially starting the app from scratch again.

1 Like

What are you using for your core? What model ipad? My guess is something is underperforming…

Ios is killing Roon so we have to launch from scratch… If it’s slow, it might be the core

I really wish you guys would make a proper iOS app. Love the service, but putting a janky .NET translated app on iOS instead of coding one from the ground up in UIKit is really doing a disservice to Roon customers. Roon is a mature company now, there’s no sense in having such a “beta / startup” quality iOS app anymore.

1 Like

In was using
CORE macmini i5 12GB 2012 with SSD
CORE Synology 416Play 8GB with SSD
NUC8i7BEK2 16 GB with SSD

All (ncluding NUC) had the exactly same behavior of 1-2 seconds, but the rest of the performance nuc8i7 is multiple faster

Using
IPAD PRO 1. Gen from 2015

Just did testing with iPhone 11 Pro, which is a rather fast unit.
The lag is shorter - about 0,5 to 1,5 seconds - but still exists

Is there something like search for core/rock?

I think, the app might remember the last ip-address or is this false?

My iPhone XS Max just used 25 sec to show content. My iPad Pro 2018 use around 2 sec.
Also I won’t be able to press stop/play before content shows up. So iPhone app isn’t good.

If this is related to my AIMesh network, I don’t mind some tips. However my DHCP is on an IPCop Linux machine if it’s matter.

Maybe Roon 1.8 will solve something?
My Roon core is a Sonictransporter i5. Library on a Qnap 453-pro.

I am having the exact same problem with my iPhone 12. I’m getting this screen while waiting 20+ seconds to start or skip a track.

1 Like