Roon iOS Remote Crashing after upgrading to 1.7

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac Mini (Late 2012) 2.5 Ghz Dual Core i5 with 16GB, macOS Catalina 10.15.1, Roon 1.7, iOS 13.2.3

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Mac mini connected via Cat6 cable to a ASUS RT-AC5300 router, iPhone connected via 5Ghz WiFi network

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

• Berkeley Audio Alpha DAC via USB
  • KEF LSX via KEF Streaming
  • Apple TV via AirPlay
  • Apple AirPort via AirPlay

Description Of Issue

After upgrading to Roon 1.7, the Roon iOS Remote app crashes approximately 33-34 seconds after launch, even if idle.

Hi @Jason_Howes,

Can you try uninstalling and reinstalling the app and let us know if that changes things?

Thanks @dylan ,

I just reinstalled the app and it still crashes after 33-34 seconds.

Thanks,
Jason

Hi @Jason_Howes — Thanks for giving that a try.

I have enabled diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

Thanks @Dylan,

I just launched my core. Strangely, the crash is no longer reproducible now. Weird.

Jason

Hi @Jason_Howes,

I’m glad that things are working for you now! If you see this issue return please let us know.

Thanks @Dylan,

QQ, have diagnostics now been turned off on my account?

Thanks!
Jason

Hi @Jason_Howes,

Yes, diagnostics are not running. If you experience a crash in the future though, let us know the time, and we can re-enable diagnostics.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.