Roon app crashing (again) - iPhone 11 Pro Max iOS 13.2.3 & 13.3

1 Like

As you can see, the issue happened 25 days ago. It lasted for a week. Then disappeared. Now reappearing again

2 posts were split to a new topic: iPhone XS crashing

A post was split to a new topic: iPhone 11 Pro crashing

Hi @Roon_Superuser,

I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the error occurs. Then respond here with that time, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

@dylan I recorded a video for you. The time is on the iPhone . Is it possible to upload videos here ?

Add images

Hi @Roon_Superuser,

Can you share it here using a shared Dropbox link or any other file sharing service?

@dylan see if you can access this video:

@Carl and @dylan Iphone 11 Pro Max , Software version 13.3
I am using Verizon internet connected through Curious USB cable to my SOtM Ultra Neo which has a CI audio linear power supply. My server is an Intel NUC and I have given those details earlier and they have not changed. the issue happens only with iphone. Mac app and Ipad seems to be stable.

When will this be fixed? I am opening the app again for you on my iphone @ 1332 EST… Not touchin the app at all, its just open and it automatically crashed and closed in about 30 sec.

Please fix this issue please, its very frustrating as I dont have my ipad all the time on me.

Thanks for the update, @Roon_Superuser. I’ll update your ticket and pass this along to the team for further investigation.

@dylan thanks but how long should I wait to have it fixed? were u able to get the logs so far? The app crashes a million times since yesterday. It’s very frustrating.

A post was split to a new topic: iPhone XS crashes every couple of seconds

My iphone app crashes every 30 sec. Been happenning for the past 1 month. Then it was fine for 7 days and now happening again. Looks like i am not the only one experiencing this issue. Gave a lot of data to the support team, but the issue is still not fixed. It’s really getting frustrating to see the app crash every 30 sec and having to re-open again. I understand if there are issues after a major ios release, but crashes should not be happening for every minor build.

May be @danny should use some of the money from the “life-timers” to hire more developers to fix issues.

I don’t know if its the timing but ever since I signed up for the life time membership

Any updates for me? Mine is still crashing

Hello @Roon_Superuser,

If you reboot your iPhone, does this resolve the crashing issue with the Roon application?

-John

I will try that when I get home

Hi @Roon_Superuser if support doesn’t mind I will jump in with instructions on how to do a force restart on your phone. I suggest you close all app before doing a full reboot (just to be thorough).

It has helped me when I have had similar issues.

1 Like

Trying this now.

The full force reboot seemed to work. It’s not crashing (for now). Thanks @oneofmany and @john

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.