Roon is crashing (when idle)

Roon Core Machine

Windows 10 Home machine, dedicated for Roon.
Lenovo 90H1002YMW
AMD Ryzen 7 1700
8GB RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Music data on Synology NAS, approximately 30.000 tracks
All machines involved in the music are connected through Ethernet, no WLAN used.
Passes through two Netgear switches on the way from Roon server to Lumin endpoint.
Network is managed by Google Home Nest router

Connected Audio Devices

Lumin U1 Mini

Number of Tracks in Library

30000 tracks

Description of Issue

Symptom:
All updates installed as expected (latest version of Roon, Windows update, Synology update, graphics drivers, …)
As long as music is playing, everything works.
But every time (EVERY time!) I return, after a few hours or days, the Roon instance on the dedicated server has crashed. No error message or anything.
Can’t tell exactly last time (hh:mm) it happened, since crash only happens when the system is idle (not playing).

In Windows power management, turn off all kinds of sleep on idle.

Alternatively, try Roon Server (without GUI) instead of Roon with GUI, with another tablet or phone as Roon Remote.

2 Likes

Windows power management already disabled.
Roon Server could be an option, but I kind of like to have the GUI on the machine running the show - makes it (in theory) easier to see that it works (when it works) without involving too many devices…

You can still run the GUI version in parallel - won‘t make your PC lame either - give it a shot!

Hi @Maron,

If you’d like, the team can pull diagnostic reports from RoonServer on the affected device that may hold more precise logging surrounding the crash.

The next time you encounter this, if you’re able, please try to note the page that was open in Roon before you left the Windows machine alone for several hours/days as described. That should be enough for our team to pinpoint the event in logs.

Thank you!

Yes please!
Roon is now on “home page”, with track “Dear John [Taylor’s version]” selected. I will post here again when it has crashed on me…

Crashed.
@connor: Please let me know what I should do to share the logs.

Crashed again

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.