Roon is distorting

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Nucleus (1.7 build 528)and iMac (1.7 build 528), both have the latest software.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Ethernet cable from router/modem to Nucleus. The rest of the network is wireless.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Speaker setup: Amp (NAD, C388) and through my Headphone setup: Bluesound Node 2i
Soundbar: Bluesound.

Description Of Issue
Hi Roon, In the last week or so Roon has started distorting. The distortion is on all song, Tidal, ripped
CD’s, iTunes purchase, everything.

When I play Tidal with our Roon there is no distortion.

When I play something from my iTunes library without Roon there is no distortion.

So the distortion occurs only when I use Roon.

Whatever I use as the Core, Nucleus or iMac it still distorts.
Hope you can help,

Best,
Neil Perryman

Please provide a screenshot of your signal path?

I had this situation twice (about 4-8 weeks ago). I am using Sonos devices, a Windows PC and a Linn streamer for playback and the distortion was audible on all devices. Everytime the problem was gone after stopping/starting the Roon core. The problems never reappeared since then.

Hi @Neil_Perryman,

Does this occur if you play to endpoints besides the Bluesound?

Can you share a screenshot of the Signal Path?

I’m at work at the moment but when I get home I’ll send you a screen shot of the signal path and check for distortion when not played thru Bluesound.

1 Like

Hi,
I’ve just tested Roon through the iMac speakers with no Bluesound involvement and there is
no distortion. Tomorrow I’ll contact NAD/Bluesound Australia to see if they can offer an explanation.
I’ll keep you informed.
Best,
Neil.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.