iMac Pro (2017) 3GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W, 32 GB, Mac OS 11.6

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Netgear Orbi

Connected Audio Devices

Schiit Modi Multibit USB

Number of Tracks in Library

45 albums. Not sure how to tell # of tracks

Description of Issue

I’ve just started using Roon with a trial membership. Overall I love it - finally, a music platform built by people who actually care about the music! However, getting started hasn’t been entirely smooth. I’ve been able to work through most issues, except one: there are a few files that Roon just fails to import. I’ve tried refreshing the folder, sanitizing the filenames, moving the files to a different directory, and all the steps outlined in “FAQ: Some of my files aren’t showing up in Roon”. The files are not visible when I sort my Tracks by Path, and they’re not visible in the list of Skipped files.

The files belong to an 11 CD set of flac’s. 10 of the 11 CDs import just fine. All four tracks on CD 7, however, are simply ignored without any warning or error message. I’m at my wit’s end here; how do I get Roon to recognize them, or at least tell me why they’re being rejected?? (Incidentally, they play fine in VLC Player.) I’m not aware of any difference between these 4 files and the ones on the other 10 CDs in the set.

Here’s a Dropbox link to the offending files:

Thanks!
Aaron

Aha, I spoke too soon. It just imported them! Oddly, it happened after I merged the 10 CDs into a single album. As soon as I did so, the missing 11th CD mysteriously showed up (as a separate album). Something about the existence of the 10 CDs as separate albums, it seems, was mysteriously suppressing the existence of the 11th.

That seems like a bug - if you’re interested in trying to reproduce, I can share the full 11 CD set to Dropbox. If not, just go ahead and close this ticket, as it does seem to be working for me now, at least.

Thanks,
Aaron

1 Like