Roon is Freezing on all platforms When Building a Playlist

Am I the only person on the planet who is experiencing Roon freezing on all platforms, when trying to build a playlist?

If I use my android phone or Windows laptop to build a playlist or add songs to be played to what is currently playing, then Roon will freeze.

It takes around 20 songs for it to happen, but it happens every single time without fail.

It seems the process of going from one album to the next to add a song to the currently playing list of songs, or adding a song to a playlist will cause this to happen, every time.

Other than this process, Roon never crashes for me, in fact it will play all day long without a hitch.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Moved to support. Add your system details so roon support can help

ROON CORE: Gigabyte Motherboard with 9th Gen Intel Core i9-9900K CPU (5GHz) with 64GB RAM, 32TB Storage on SSD and HD, running latest Windows 11.

LAPTOP: Gigabyte AERO with 11th Gen Core i9-11980HK CPU (5GHz) with 64GB RAM, 12TB SSD Storage running Windows 11.

ANDROID PHONE: Asus ROG 5s with Snapdragon 888+ CPU, 16GB RAM and 512GB Storage.

Everything is running the very latest OS and ROON.

So weeks have gone by after this being put into SUPPORT, and nothing…

Support will be out until tomorrow probably but @support bump.

Hey @Steve_Lees,

It has indeed been too long to hear back from us. We’re very sorry :pleading_face:

You mention the behavior is reproducible — Roon crashing after adding about 20 tracks to a playlist, from both your laptop and android phone.

Since it’s easier to get logs from a Windows 11 computer, would you please:

• restart the laptop
  • reproduce the behavior (have Roon freeze by adding over 20 tracks)
  • write down the local date and time
  • grab a set of logs, zip up the entire “Logs” folder and upload it to our drive

Please, let us know the timestamp (the local date and time) and once you had a chance to upload the logs. Unfortunately, we’re not automatically notified.

Many thanks :pray:

Beka, the log files have been uploaded as per your request. Local time was 2:09PM.

1 Like

Hey @Steve_Lees,

We’re grateful for the logs. They are now with our technical team.

I will follow up as soon as I hear back :nerd_face:

Hi @Steve_Lees ,

Thanks for sending the logs over, unfortunately, there was not much information contained in them regarding the issue. Can you please confirm if the latest Roon release from today also exhibits the same issue? If it does, can you please use these instructions to see if Windows Event Viewer has any additional information regarding the hang?

1. Press Win + R and type eventvwr.msc
  2. Press OK – this should open Event Viewer window
  3. From the left sidebar go to Windows Logs > Application
  4. Right click on the Application subsection and pick Filter Current Log... from the context menu
  5. On the Filter tab for the Logged section pick a parameter Last 30 days and press OK
  6. Right click on the Application subsection again and pick Save filtered log file as.. from the context menu
  7. Enter the log file name, for e.g. Roon_USERNAME , and press Save
  8. Upload the Event Viewer logs here and let us know once you’ve done so:

https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/collection/8i5239cc05950ac07456889838d9319545a82/external

OK I ran a test again now with the latest version of Roon, and same problem. I then created the log file and uploaded it as per your request so hopefully you will see todays test towards the end of the log file.

Guys, after doing the test again this morning and submitting the logs, Roon offered me an update again, so I updated and have managed to create a 5 hour long playlist without crashing.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update @Steve_Lees , is it working properly on your Android device as well?

It would seem so yes. I just created a 4.5 hour long playlist with no issue!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.