Roon is Freezing When Building a Playlist....Again!

I brought up this issue a while back and it was fixed in a later release. However, with this new Version 2.0 Roon, it is back.

I have only tried it on my laptop as i am trying to create a playlist for a trip away tomorrow, but spec as follows:

Windows 11, Intel Core i9 CPU with 64GB RAM, 12TB SSD Storage etc etc…

Hey @Steve_Lees,

I wanted to check in on this thread, are you still experiencing issues when creating a playlist? If so, please share a timestamp of when the freezing occurs.

That way, we’ll enable diagnostics on your account to take a deeper look at the time of the issue.

Thanks!

Yes Ben as far as I know it is. I made a playlist before going away on holidays, and it froze badly. I would have to do another to create the time stamp, will attempt that later today.

Hi Ben, I have just tried to make a playlist via my Android phone this time, and it locked up pretty quickly, totally froze Roon, so yes it is still an issue.

Hey @Steve_Lees,

I’d be curious to see if you encounter this issue on a fresh database. Please follow the steps below and let me know how things run:

• Create a Backup of your current database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
  • Verify if the issue persists on a fresh database before restoring the backup

I’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply :pray:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.