Roon is importing, but is stuck/spinning

I have no idea what is going on.

Tidal isn’t loading either!:cry:

That could be a network issue but I’ve no real idea. In the meantime it might help if you could give a bit more detail about the network setup. Some guidance on what information helps is here:

What kind of network info do you need? Like I said, I’m not too Swift with computers.

Also, I can not see overview.

Please have a little patience until someone from the official Roon support team can pick up on this. They probably will know how to proceed and which questions to ask.

Will do. Never had a problem like this before. :cry:

Hey @Edward_Schreiber — Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the difficulties here!

So we can better assist you, please describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

To clarify, Roon was working fine previously, but upon adding new tracks to Roon, the import became stuck? Or are you importing everything for the first time?

Is TIDAL content already in your library working, or are you unable to play TIDAL content at all? Are you receiving any errors?

Thanks!
Dylan

Hi Dylan-Everything was working fine until after the recent Roon upgrade. I noticed it was taking a long time to populate. Now, when opening Roon for the first time, the overview will come come up at first. Af yet checking on various albums etc and trying to go back to the overview it will not come up. Same thing with Tidal. Earlier today, things are stuck trying to load anything. Now, I sign out, sign in and it shows my full albums and tracks ,but then starts subtracting albums/ tracks! Also, I can’t get Tidal to show new albums, etc after initiallly signing in. Next to versions, it keeps circling around and around. It is currently loading about 1500 of my 2000 albums(library plus Tidal).

Using a Dell home Pc with WINDOWS 10 as my core. Verizon router hardwired. iPad 2 for wireless control.

Tidal content was flawlessly working two weeks ago.

Sorry for the delay in response, but was at a dinner party.

Hey @Edward_Schreiber — I appreciate the information here!

Just to verify, both the Windows 10 Core and the QNAP are connected via Ethernet? Are there any switches involved or are they connected directly to the router?

In Settings > Library, if you set Background Audio Analysis Speed to Off is there any change in behavior here?

In the upper right-hand corner do you see a spinner going? If so, can you click on that and take a screenshot of the popup?

Thanks!

Yes, windows 10 core and QNAP connected via Ethernet. No switches. Connected directly to Verizon router.

Background Audio Analysis Speed was set to Throttled.
Last night, the spinner in the upper right hand corner disappeared. At first, it was there and the pop up said 14 tracks identified, 7 loaded. This went on for a while.
Then, A spinner was then appearing next to Versions under various albums, but could then see overview and Tidal started working again.
Slowly, and only after logging back out and in a bunch of times, did Roon repopulate with all my albums. It loaded 560. I logged out and logged back in. Then it loaded 880. Logged back out and several more times. Finally, all albums, library plus Tidal, accounted for! No idea what happened. Do you? Should I keep Backround Audio Analysis Speed at Throttled? What should all the other settings, etc be? Like I said, I am a more plug and play person for fear of screwing things up!

Hey @Edward_Schreiber,

It sounds like analysis was being performed here and, when analysis is occurring, things can be a little slower than normal as your system is doing more work. Since things are currently up and running normally it sounds like you should be good moving forward.

The default settings are totally fine to keep things at here. This isn’t something you should have to worry about frequently unless you’re bulk editing files or importing a sizable amount of music. In those cases, some will turn up the settings and let them run overnight so the import goes more quickly.

Thanks!

Sorry for the delay in answering. I just realized you had responded on Monday. Thank you for your time and input. Hopefully smooth sailing going forward. I do love Roon!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I am so frustrated with Roon! I open app and it shows all albums (1971). Then, methodically, it starts subtracting out albums so that 600 or so are left. Getting versions that I have on Tidal also disappears or endlessly circles. All music is stored on QNAP NAS. Network/router is Verizon. This has been going on for at least a month. I have written before and thought problem was cleared up…NOT!

I assume this is the original thread?

Probably best to ask #support to reopen this topic.

Yes, this is the original thread. Right now doing library maintenance in hopes cleaning up will do something. It has been in cleaning mode for 30 minutes…and still “cleaning”…