Roon is missing parts of albums from library

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

hades canyon nuc - latest roon build - windows 10

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

ethernet - data stored on synology 915+

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

windows pc / sonos

Description Of Issue

some cd’s out of double cds are being ignored in library - ive tried converting to different formats, renaming files etc - happy to share sample CD which i am having no luck with

I have used EZ CD Audio Converter to convert my CDs, subdivide for CD 1, CD 2, CD 3, etc., and Roon has recognized everything perfectly.

Have you followed the recommended guidelines for folder names?

Edit: this question was meant for the original poster: @sheridan_thompson

I first converted the first CD, then created and labeled the folders for the CD and moved the files into the folder of the respective CD. Then the next CD in the same main folder convertiert and pushed into the respective subfolder, etc. For me, Roon has always worked since everything in all folders with number of the respective CDs always. I have also had the problem that my Trigon Exxceed while ripping in the audio server some ribbons had ribbed but they were not to be found at all.

oddly if take the files out of the sub folders - d1, d2, d3 it picks up all the cd’s which means they must be tagged OK - just roon has a fault with being able to manage subfolders - not a problem with any other software I’ve used

something for the dev team to look at i believe

I suspect that if you had your subfolders labelled as the KB article suggests (CD1, CD2, CD3, etc.) instead of d1, d2, d3 etc. all would have been well.

See under “Roon does not take over all titles at some CDs” in this forum.

Hi @sheridan_thompson,

When you have multiple discs for an album, I definitely recommend using the folder structure described in the KB for best results.

cd structure as recommended didn’t work

had to copy all the files into main folder.

I don’t want to do a load of work restrucuring all my folders. The tags in the files are correct. It is a pretty basic coding exercise for roon server to analyse the folders and the sub folders. It’s disappointing that this isn’t fixed in development

are these issues being addressed by roons development team - what information do i need to provide for support to look into this problem?

Hi @sheridan_thompson,

Can you share some screenshots of these files in the storage location and the file tags for one of the albums you’re experiencing this with?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.