Roon is no more opening on my macbook

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MacBook pro (late 2012) with MacOS Sierra 10.12.6, 8 go memory, Intel core i5, roon (perpetual license) upgraded on june 18.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

wifi connection + ethernet cable for the sound system

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

devialet connected with ethernet cable

Description Of Issue

I am using roon with the exact setup for more than three years and for the first time tonight, when I click on the icon to open Roon, it does not work (seems to load for 1-2 seconds and than Roon close). I didn’t use Roon for about a week before and I have rebooted my computer few times…

Thanks!

Hi @Jean-Nicolas_Garant,

Welcome to the forum! Can you please use these instructions to access your Roon logs and upload a set to Dropbox / Google Drive / Send.firefox.com and post a link here? Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it!

1 Like

Hi @Jean-Nicolas_Garant,

Thanks for sending the logs over. I took a look through them, but I am not noticing much info here. I suggest that we try to reinstall Roon fresh and see if this helps for next steps:

• Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
  • Optional - Restore from backup

Can you give this a try and let me know if it helps?

Perfect! Thanks for your help… I have restored my backup and it works fine. Just to be sure : can I delete my folder “Roon_old”?

1 Like

Fantastic news @Jean-Nicolas_Garant! Yes, if you can confirm the setup works as expected and the backup restored properly, we do not need the Roon_old folder any longer.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.