Roon is not able to update to the latest version of 1.8

Roon Core Machine

Mac OS Monterey 12.0.1

Networking Gear & Setup Details

wireless network connection, no other indications of connection issues.

Connected Audio Devices

Apple TV

Number of Tracks in Library

I don’t know how to find that maybe 300 gigs

Description of Issue

Roon is not able to complete its update. " there was an error checking for an update "
build 814
It gets stuck at the installation stage.

Thanks, John

It might be worth downloading the latest version manually, as suggested here.

I don’t think Monterey is officially supported by Roon as yet.
This maybe your problem.

If you don’t think it will be too long ? for the Monterey official compatibility, I might rather wait for that, rather than re-downloading Roon. Because I’ve never done that and not sure if my settings, history etc. will remain. Both core and server on Mac. Haven’t done a backup yet, only installed a couple of months ago.
Sounds then like that may not even work. Can you guess how long the official version will take.
Thanks

@john_hudson

Unfortunately I am just a user like you and any guess I can give you would be utterly pointless.

If the past is anything to go by Roon will release it when they are ready to do so. Sorry I can’t be of more help.

Well thanks anyway, I’ll wait. I guess perhaps they’ll announce that in an email or I’ll try again from time to time.

There’s hasn’t been any official announcement, but Roon is expected to work just fine, and does so on my mbp 13" 2020. You should be able to update to the latest version of Roon.

Don’t wait cause I sincerely doubt there’s going to be any type of announcement regarding that. There hasn’t been one for iOS 15 and Windows 11 either.

It’s more likely this is either a network issue, be it on your or their end. Have you tried changing the DNS server on your machine? Good options would be 8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1.

Redownloading Roon is definitely an option and won’t affect your settings and history in any way, or at least in the same way as doing an in-app upgrade.

1 Like

To be on the safe side, I suggest you make an in-app Roon backup of your settings. That way you can always restore your settings and history in the unlikely case something does go wrong.

1 Like

Hey @john_hudson

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble downloading the latest update. Nepherte has some great points.

Have you tried downloading the Roon software directly from our website ? If you haven’t already, please create a backup of your Roon data before installation, and then you can restore your backup on the login screen after the installation takes place.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 12 days. New replies are no longer allowed.