Roon Is Not Finding and Importing All of My Music Files[Solved]

I am using Roon version 1.1 (build 102) stable (64bit) on my 2011 Mac mini with 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 processor, 8 GB of internal memory sticks, 500 GB Samsung SSD and OS X El Capitan version (10.11.3)

My music is in the music folder on my Synology DS415+ (version 6.0-7321).

Roon appears to have discovered all of my AIFF, AAC and mp3 files, but it does not recognize the music in the folders in my NAS of my ripped vinyl and reel to reel tapes that are WAV files,

I have tried dragging and dropping the folders into ROON but that hasn’t worked either. These files are all 24/192.

I have had ROON now for several weeks and have not been able to play these files which is very frustrating. Any help with this issue would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hey @Vernon_Lockettgive this a read and let me know if you’re still stuck, then we can take a deeper look.

Thanks!

I read over the information and checked my files… There is nothing abnormal about them. They are WAV files that aren’t corrupt.

Hi Vernon,

Are they WAV64 files? They were not supported prior to the new 1.2 version that was released a few hours ago.

Try upgrading your software and see if that helps.

If not, Mike can help further.

Cheers, Greg

Are you running the latest release? There are a couple of relevant fixes in the 1.2 release, so make sure you’re running that on Settings > About.

If you’re still missing files, I’d like to take a look at one of the missing WAV files, so let me know if you have somewhere to upload them (like Dropbox) and if not @vova and I can walk you through sending the files over to us using our server.

Thanks!

Latest update… I have updated my Roon software to the 1.2 version and now Roon is showing the folders for my music, but it is a bit of a mess. For some of the albums I have one or two songs associated with the album artwork. On initial analysis it appears that Roon is playing back my digitized reel to reel albums without any issue, but with my ripped lip’s, it attempts to play the tracks, but is unable to. What is my next option for troubleshooting this? I feel that I made some minor progress. Thanks!

I have the same problem, my set up is

Roon Version 1.2 Build 128 64 Bit
Mac OS X Version 10.11.4
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015), 4 GHz Intel Core i7, 32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB.
Music on 25tb Thunderbolt Pegasus Raid

New albums are not being imported even after force Rescanning the different folders that are being watched. The files are Aiff and Flac. A lot of new albums were imported when I upgraded to 1.2 from 1.1 but not much since.

Hey @VINCENT_DIXON – are you seeing a spinner in the top-right for the import?

Can you upload a file or two that’s failing to import somewhere (like Dropbox) and PM me a link? If you don’t have anywhere to upload a few files, let me know and I can give you instructions for sending files over to our server.

Thanks, and sorry for the trouble!

Hi Mike, I’m away until Sunday. I will upload files then. Thanks for the quick reply.

Hi Mike, How do I share a dropbox folder with you ?

I just sent you a PM – let me know if that helps ok @VINCENT_DIXON?

Thanks!

Roon 1.2 Version 142 has solved the problem. All my albums imported last night. Thank You.

1 Like