Roon is not importing Album

Thank you! extracampina.

Initially, answering his question, the Limbo song doesn’t appear.

But your opinion is very relevant. Let’s see:

I have this album (Yello - Toy) in a playlist on Roon via Tidal. When I select the album through Tidal and select “VERSIONS” three possibilities appear: among them, the Flac version that plays perfectly.

It is then concluded that the album was imported correctly, but there must be some identification or tag that prevents it from appearing in “My Library” (Albums and Tracks), and therefore not counting the number of albums and tracks.

Greetings!

It’s a strange one indeed.
Whenever I buy high resolution albums I keep a CD version in another folder (mainly for PlexAmp) and Roon always finds both and select’s the Highest resolution version as the default.

One idea I might have missed in the previous messages is to rename the album and band and re-import, to see what happens On my windows PC I used Mp3tag to rename every track to my standard naming convention. Might be worth a try.

Another thing I had to do on a couple of albums in the past was to use dbPoweramp converter to write the file out through the conversation process and then it worked (this was a Sonos issue though not Roon)

Glad you solved the issue! Well the first one, at least.

Well!
I’ll wait for someone from support to come out and show how to solve the problem, that is, that the album and its songs appear in “My Library”.

By default roon will group all “versions” of an album you have. The one it displays is the primary album and the other versions are grouped under it and are not directly visible on the album screen. You can change the primary display, for example, by making your flac the primary version so that it is the one displayed. If you want to see all the versions of your “Toy” album then you need to set the “show hidden tracks and albums” flag:

Wait. You have this album added to your library as both a local FLAC version and a Tidal version and you didn’t tell us that???

Roon, by default, doesn’t show multiple versions of an album. So, if you have a Tidal version and a local FLAC version, Roon will show only one of them.

4 Likes

Dear musicjunkie917

That was it. Problem solved

This concludes the Tidal album, which is at 24/48 MQA, in theory for Roon, it has more quality than the 48/24 flac.

Thanks to everyone who helped me.

Greetings!!!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.