Roon is not picking up my iTunes playlists

Roon Core Machine

Windows 10 Pro, 13th generation Intel core i5 13400 2.5GHZ, 16GB RAM.
Only used for Roon.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I have done everything I can find online to get the exported itunes playlists to get recognized by Roon. I put the .xml file in c:>Users>(my name)>Music. I also tried c:>Users>(my name)>Music>iTunes. I even tried to create a folder away from the “music” folder.

I have named it library.xml, iTunes.xml, ITunes Music Library.xml. (only one in the folder at a time)

I’ve made sure there were no other .xml files in the folder and also not in any sub folders.

I exported the file from iTunes.

I also opened the .xml file to make sure that the file wasn’t blank. It had my entire library listed in the .xml syntax.

I’ve done a force scan and even disabled/re-enabled.

I’m out of ideas. I’m sure someone else has had this problem.

Thanks!

Hi @adam_heltemes,
Thanks for your patience while we worked through the queue. Some troubleshooting steps for iTunes can be found here. Please let me know if any of these resolve your issue.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I will attempt the steps suggested tomorrow. But, the way they read, I would need to actually own the songs on the playlist and have them stored locally. Roon will not take the playlist and pull the songs from Qobuz?

This is correct playlists only work for locally stored content. But if you wish you can make playlists in Qobuz. Also, you can use this service from one of our partners to transfer playlists between services

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.