Roon is not responding when searching for an artist

Description of Issue

Hello everyone When I want to search for an artist from my library, Roon keeps searching for an artist and crashes. Not responding I reinstall it clean metadata and after an hour it hangs again I reinstall and work only with Tidal and Qobuz library and the same thing happens It hangs but here when restarting if it manages to start after a few minutes It always happens when I go looking for an artist although it may be a day or two working fine until this appears That could be happening I clarify that the times it was reinstalled were clean as with backup it’s the same.I want to buy Roon for life but I don’t dare with this problem. Thank you very much.

It will be helpful if you provide the support information as described here:-

Report Problem

Roon Core Machine

Intel(R) Core™ i7-7700 CPU 16.0GB RAM Windows 10 Home 21H2

Network equipment and configuration details

WiFi/Ethernet 600MG FIBER OPTIC

Connected audio devices

TOPPING D90 USB-DAC

Number of tracks in library

15,000 TRACKS

Description of the problem

I mentioned it above, but now it happens to me that it keeps searching and does not respond until after restarting and waiting 10 minutes. searching for the artist

1 Like

they don’t know, there is no answer… 13 days

It’s not clear, from your comments, what you are using as a control device. If not already done try deleting & reinstalling app on the control/client device(s) first & then the core (& restore from a backup if you have already groomed your collection).

@support has this report been overlooked?

Hey @Juan_Alberto_Vazquez,

Thank you for getting in touch with us with your report, our apologies for the delayed response. Are you still having this problem on our latest update, Build 931? Can you tell us if this crashing is happening on your Windows Core or on a different remote, please?

We’ll be watching for your reply and get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks!

Good afternoon, I have to say that I solved the matter. .I don’t know if it was because of the update or why it cleaned the library… since then the problem has not returned.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.