Roon is not updating my iTunes Playlist

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

iMac Retina 5K 27 inch, 2017

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Cisco - WiFi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Naim Uniti Atom

Description Of Issue

Roon is not updating my iTunes playlist. I changed the names in my playlist, and it seems to be connecting to an old library. I have searched or and removed any libraries that I can find. I have moved around the current library numerous times. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Roon. I have “Forced rescan” a few hundred times.

Hi @Michael_Urban,

You’ll need to export your library by going to File > Library > Export Library in order to get the XML file that Roon uses to import Music App content.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Yes, I am able to do that. However, I’m unable to import that file into Roon. I have the xml file save as “Library.xml” in the Music folder.

Hi @Michael_Urban,

When you go to Settings > Storage in Roon, can you share a screenshot of the Edit Storage Location screen for the watched folder where the iTunes XML file exists? It will look like this:

I changed one setting in this image (as compared to the original image). I have played with the settings quite a bit in an effort to make it work.

I fixed the issue. I exported the file to the “Music” folder. I disabled the Roon “Music Folder” setting. I “+ Add Folder”, and selected “Music”. This fixed it.

However, only a few playlist were made visible. To make all playlist show up, I played at least one song in each playlist.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.