Roon is randomly relaunching itself & killing my machine in the process

I’m not sure which, if any, of the things that have changed in my current set up may be contributing to this but Roon has randomly started to relaunch itself.

In doing so, it causes my machine to become more or less un-usable until it’s finished, which takes more or less 20-30 minutes.

What I see is the start-up screen with the animated logo. I’ve taken a screenshot with the activity monitor in view.I’ve have vertually no % CPU left.

As far as what’s changed is concerned, I recently moved house & I don’t yet have my hi-fi set up, so I’m playing Roon through my laptop speakers (I know, thoughts & prayers) & the laptop is connected to the new Sky router by wi-fi.

My new Sky Stream package is also connected by wi-fi at the moment & it is apparently quite greedy, so I suspect there may not be that much bandwidth left for whatever Roon has to do.

That said, I’m playing music from an external hard drive connected to the laptop, so I can’t imagine it’s having to do much.

In the time it’s taken me to write this & add the picture (about 15 mins, it’s so sluggish) the start-up screen has not changed.